A Catholic Apostolate Helping Children Worldwide
CARITAS For Children builds relationships, encourages charity and mercy and follows and promotes the greatest commandment given, “to love God with one’s whole heart and one’s neighbor as oneself” (Matt. 22:37-40). The word itself, CARITAS inspires, unites and promotes loving others.
Current Open Positions
Operations, Marketing and Communications Administration
- Are you someone who is quick to take action and make things happen?
- Do you excel in figuring out how all the pieces of a project can be arranged to maximize performance?
- Do you enjoy thinking “outside the box” to use technology to help with daily processes?
- Do you continuously seek to improve and learn new ways to achieve better results?
- Do you seek to be part of something larger than yourself in a role that brings you meaningful purpose?
If you answer yes to these questions, we are looking for your talent to become part of our mission.
- General administrative support for daily Operations
- Grow and maintain our internal databases
- Assist with marketing and communications (including writing original content) including blogs emails and social media
Intermediate Experience with Microsoft Office and specifically Excel. Specific experience with CRM, development and marketing technology a big plus.
To accomplish this, you must have excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills; very good written and verbal communication skills are highly valued; staying focused, and on task without much supervision. Change is constant and continuous learning is required. The ability to work well with international partners. Creative problem solving skills are a must.
Candidate must be heart-driven and Christ-centered for the mission and vision of CARITAS, Building Relationships Globally and Impacting Faith Locally.
Flexible scheduling. Potential for additional duties and expanded work hours are also possible.
Start Date Available very soon with some flexibility for starting
Location 7400 W. National Avenue, Milwaukee WI 53214
Department Operations and Technology
Employment Type Full Time
send your personal cover letter, resume to: email@example.com.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The posting date of this announcement is: May 23th, 2018.
Executive Director of Ministry/Development
Posted October 23, 2017
The person filling this position will be Christ-centered, enthusiastic, an effective communicator in writing and speaking, a servant who disciples and teaches other Christians, and could be an experienced Catholic missionary religious or clergy. The most successful individual to build this position will never feel like it’s work, instead, you will feel like it’s your personal mission to serve God. If you have a natural and heartfelt charism for human communication, you will easily help us grow awareness of this special caritas-love among our existing and prospective sponsors and caritas-loving families. This will lead you to easily help us grow our network of Communities of Caritas. This is more than just a job; it is truly a ministry of love and sharing with others.
As you consider and pray about exploring this tremendous opportunity, contemplate this:
As our Director of Ministry/Development, you will be responsible for growing CARITAS For Children as a Catholic Lay Apostolate recognized by the Catholic Church and operating as an ever-expanding resource for The New Evangelization. A deep, personal motivation and commitment to the virtues of the CARITAS ministry are essential. Your guiding light can be found at: 1 John 13:34-35.
- You will use your dynamic personality to touch thousands of people through our volunteers, parishes and sponsor families. Our evangelizing mission collectively creates a deep understanding of God’s love for us, leading to the creation of the most heartfelt relationships possible with a child of God and our sponsors…globally.
- You will be giving real hope and a future to thousands of children worldwide. This will make a lasting difference in their lives as well as to all those who they, in turn, will touch with their love, showing a true and loving mercy through direct relationships with our sponsors
- You will grow Catholic faith-based relationships to better engage individuals and families with their parishes, thereby implementing and expanding our committed support base through your New Evangelization efforts.
- You will collaborate with the Executive Director of Caritas along with our developing team using your excellent talent, energy and knowledge to build, reinforce and extend awareness of our ministry regionally and throughout the country. There are substantial plans for growing our Caritas outreach, which will require your help in a number of areas including (most especially) fundraising, introducing people to CARITAS and into a Christ-centered mission encounter, going around the country in person, digitally and through the use of social media as well as other forms of data-based methods, to reach tens of thousands of people with a message you will develop and “preach” using all of our latest technology. You will create Communities of Caritas throughout the U.S. and beyond.
- You will raise awareness about CARITAS For Children and establish special relationships with Catholic communities of faith and Institutes, including archdioceses, dioceses, parishes, schools, universities, retirement homes and others where individuals and families come to learn about God and live their lives.
- You will represent CARITAS at all levels of local church leadership and should have a good working knowledge of the institutional Church.
- You will serve the needs of all age groups with a special emphasis on young adults, creating international long- and short-term mission trips, and helping to form intentional disciples who will collaborate with us to expand the mission of CARITAS.
- You will grow and equip domestic and international volunteers, and trainers of volunteers as Advocates for Caritas.